Monday, March 19, 2007

Helpful Hints for Sticky Rice

No More Sticky Rice

Here is the trick to the perfect rice,

Melt 1 tablespoon Butter in frying pan,I prefer a non-stick pan.

Add 2 Cups of Rice and saute on Medium heat ,
stirring often to get the butter and rice mixed well and cooked evenly,until rice looks clear,(transparent)

Add 4 Cups of Water bring to a boil,

then cover with lid and reduce heat to medium low,do not stir rice at this point,
cook until all water is absorbed .

I like to make extra rice so the next day I can make a Stir-Fry


I like to keep a bag of Stir-Fri Veggies in my freezer for a side dish,or a whole new meal.


Just add any extra chicken , beef or pork to veggies

and serve over rice.

TIP : To store rice or pasta and keep it from clumping or sticking

together put it in a ziplock bag.It really works !


No comments: